- link with regard to advair online
- order diclofenac
- blog in relation to toradol in washington
- news as regards dexamethasone for order
- alesse (ovral l) prescription
- buy generic augmentin
- diflucan for sale
- bentyl without prescription out of oklahoma
- petcam (metacam) oral suspension online stores from nebraska
Posted inSubmitted by Danielle on Mon, 03/15/2010 - 19:56.
Posted inSubmitted by Danielle on Wed, 10/07/2009 - 18:27.
Posted inSubmitted by Danielle on Mon, 09/21/2009 - 18:42.
May 22, 2009.
WhalePower Corporation is pleased to announce that its revolutionary blade design has advanced to the finals in the prestigious biannual INDEX international design competition. INDEX, of Copenhagen, Denmark offers a 100,000 Euro prize in each of five categories. INDEX has selected WhalePower’s Tubercle Technology, inspired by the bumps on humpback whale flippers, and retrofitted onto a wind turbine‘s blades, to compete in its Community category.
Tubercled blades have been shown to increase annual electrical production by 20% while greatly reducing noise. The same design is applicable to fans, pumps and compressors and is a great advance both in the conservation and the production of electricity from renewable sources. Finalists’ design models will be on permanent display in Copenhagen, and travel in a touring show through Asia and Europe. Winners will be announced at the end of August, 2009.
For more information on INDEX please click here.
For more information on WhalePower's finalist status in the INDEX: 2009 Awards please click here.
OTHER RECENT NEWS:
Two recently published documents that report on Whalepower’s exclusive technology are now available for download. You can also read more about these exciting findings in this Press Release.
Download the original documents here:
(1) The Wind Energy Institute of Canada’s field test report on WhalePower’s unique Tubercle Technology turbine.
(2) An expert's analysis of the above WEICan report.
A FUNDAMENTAL ADVANCE
Inspired by the flippers of Humpback Whales, WhalePower has developed something truly remarkable – Tubercle Technology – which takes its name from the bumps on the leading edge of the whale’s flippers.
THE RIGHT TECHNOLOGY … AND RIGHT ON TIME
Tubercle Technology is more than just another blade design: It is a fundamental advance in fluid dynamics which will transform a host of machines built on that challenging science. Just when the world needs it most, Tubercle Technology offers new options. Turbines, compressors, pumps and fans will never be the same again.
Standby! The Whale is about to break through conventional limitations.
Tubercle Technology began with WhalePower President, Dr. Frank E. Fish solving one of Nature's mysteries: How was it possible for Humpback Whales to be so astonishingly agile? The answer: those strange bumps produce the “tubercle effect” which was first described by Dr. Fish. WhalePower, building on the science, adds precisely formed versions of those bumps to the leading edges of the blades or rotors at the heart of almost any machine designed to work with any fluid whether air, water, steam or oil.
NEW SCIENCE YIELDS NEW POSSIBILITIES
In wind tunnel and water tunnel studies, tubercle blades easily overcome fluid dynamic “limitations” that were once considered unavoidable laws by engineers, technicians and scientists.
- Tubercle Technology wind turbines will be more efficient and more reliable.
- Tubercle Technology hydroelectric turbines will open up vast new opportunities in power generation.
- Tubercle Technology pumps will deliver enhanced efficiency for everything from municipal water systems to farm irrigation.
- And last - but certainly not least - Tubercle Technology will truly revolutionize fans. Everything from ceiling fans to HVAC fans to large scale ventilation fans will need less power and will be quieter as well.
Posted inSubmitted by Danielle on Fri, 11/19/2010 - 17:02.
Posted inSubmitted by Danielle on Fri, 08/28/2009 - 16:30.